Summer Rising Registration
Please see that attached flyers for information on registering for Summer Rising during the summer of 2021.
K - 5 students will attend Summer Rising at I.S. 228. Busing to and from P.S./I.S 226 is available.
Middle School students will attend at P.S./I.S. 226.
Please register through the DYCD link here.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Parent Coordinator, Ms. Ashley, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Rising Program
Updated: May 5, 2021
Subject: Summer Rising for all interested K-8 Families
Dear P.S./I.S. 226 Families,
I’m excited to announce that the NYC Department of Education is planning the City’s most exciting summer ever! For the very first time, ALL students will have an opportunity to participate in Summer Rising and NO interested student will be turned away. Summer Rising is New York City’s free summer program for any City child in grades K–8, including students with disabilities, who wants to participate.
Summer Rising will provide opportunities for NYC students to learn, participate in outdoor activities, and engage with peers and caring adults in safe, supervised, and enriching robust programs—that prepare them for a return to school in September. All K–8 students participating in programs will have access to academic classes and enrichment programming, including field trips, arts activities and outdoor recreation. Students will engage in daily community building and social emotional learning activities. Summer Rising will address academic and social
emotional needs of our youth through tailored support. These programs will provide a bridge to next school year and allow students to reconnect with one another and with their schools. They will address unfinished learning while providing avenues for recreation, exploration, and fun.
All families can sign up through the discoverDYCD Website here starting on Monday, April 26 th. The link is: https://discoverdycd.dycdconnect.nyc/home
Updated: All enrolled P.S./I.S. 226 students in Grades K-5 will attend I.S. 228 at 228 Avenue S. The Summer Rising calendar is July 6 to August 20 (except July 20), Monday – Friday from 8:00AM - 6:00PM.
Updated: All enrolled P.S./I.S. 226 students in Grades 6-8 will attend P.S./I.S. 226 as our school building is hosting its very own comprehensive DOE/DYCD Summer Program for the first time. The Summer Rising Middle School calendar is July 6 to August 12 (except July 20), Monday – Thursday from 8:00AM – 4:00PM. If you have any questions, please reach out to your child’s teacher(s) or assistant principal for more information. Thank you.
School Cleared to Open on 3/25/21
March 24, 2021
Subject: School Building Cleared for Reopening
Dear P.S. 226 - BROOKLYN at 6006 23 AVENUE Families:
Today I am writing to share an important update about our school building. Since closing the building following multiple unlinked COVID-19 cases in our school community, the NYC Test + Trace Corps (T2) and the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) have completed a thorough investigation. They have determined that the building is clear to reopen for regularly scheduled activities on 3/25/2021.
Here is guidance from DOHMH, T2, and the New York City Department of Education (DOE) to help clarify next steps:
- Anyone with a positive COVID-19 test will not return to the school until they are no longer infectious.
- Close contacts of the person who tested positive have been notified and will continue their 10-day quarantine period. If additional close contacts are identified, they will also be instructed to quarantine for 10 days.
- The NYC Test + Trace Corps partners with community-based organizations to connect quarantining New Yorkers to resources like food, medicine, and health care. To connect with resources, you can call 1-212-COVID19 (212-268-4319).
How Do We Stay Healthy?
Please remember to follow these important “Core Four” actions to prevent COVID-19 transmission:
- Stay home if sick (except to get essential medical care, including COVID-19 testing).
- Practice social distancing: Stay at least 6 feet away from people who are not members of your household.
- Wear a face covering to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Practice healthy hand hygiene: Wash your hands often or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer; avoid touching your face; and cover your cough or sneeze with your arm, not your hands.
How can I stay updated?
We will continue to closely follow directions from public health experts and proactively update you on any measures we are taking. To ensure we can reach you via text and email, please create a New York City Schools Account (NYCSA) as soon as possible by visiting schools.nyc.gov/nycsa.
For additional information on COVID-19, visit schools.nyc.gov/coronavirus or call 311.
Evan Klein, Principal